Monday, July 30, 2012

The Norm

Work went by as usual. Not too much excitement this week. However in home news, Thursday night or should I say Friday morning I encountered a visitor in my room. You see, I thought I heard something outside my window like a squirrel or raccoon crawling on the roof (there is a non-functional balcony outside my widnow). Naturally, I turned on my light (2:30 am) to see what was out there because I figured they could come busting through my screen window if they really wanted to. I looked in vain for there was nothing outside so I turned my light off and laid back down. However, not a minute later I saw the silhouette of something fly diagonally across my room in the dark. I immediately sat upright in my bed, turned on the light, and spotted a large blob on my wall above the window. I looked closer and determined it was no bird........it was a bat!! Yes a bat, didn't get close enough to see what kind of bat. Once I saw what it was I got outside of my room, closed the door, and texted Linda-"There is a bat in my room." She came out of her room and asked me if it was really a bat, she looked for herself and was dumbfounded. We decided on a gameplan: we opened my window, I got the broom and a blanket and we attempted to direct the bat out the window. We also used a fan to blow the bat out the window. Thirty mintues later the bat was successfully booted outside of the house. I was more terrified than Linda; I credit her with the courage and I took the credit for the plan. In the morning she asked me if it was a dream or reality.
This weekend I went to a musical with Linda called Aida at a community theater. The story was set in Egypt and consisted of a forbidden love with original music by Elton John and story by Tim Rice. Considering it was put on by a local theater it was pretty impressive. Sunday we meandered over to the outlet mall about 15 miles up the road and at night we played tennis. I have been watching the Olympics like everyone else, big surprise.

The state fair starts up this week. I have a ticket to go see one of the concerts at the fair next week, building up excitement for that :) Linda is looking into entering Hannah (her dog) into a dog jumping contest, we shall see if that comes through, it would be fun to watch since Hannah loves the water so much.

No pictures this time.

Adios for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment