Friday, September 14, 2012

Just Another Day in Paradise

No much going on this time either. My most recent outing was a girls day out with Linda. We went to a couple of boutiques, a cheese and ice cream factory, a neat little spot for lunch, an old time movie theater, a cute food market, and then finished with a drink. It was a nice relaxing day in Milwaukee.

 The Oriental, old time movie theater.


My last weekend before my days off changed Linda and I went to the farmer's market in Madison. It was really big and we had a lot of fun. Then a day or two later Linda spoiled me and made a feast out of the ingredients we got at the market. She purchased some bison steaks from a local bison farm near the house and grilled them on the pit outside as our entrée. They were good, leaner than cattle steaks.

Our feast, courtesy of Linda! 

Bison steak, first time for everything.

Next week I will be visiting my cousin and some family up in Green Bay on my days off. It's getting chilly up here, in the fifties at night, enough to require some blankets when I sleep now instead of a fan.

Like I said, not much else going on. I have about a month left up here. Below is a picture or two of some patients at work.

A baby white footed mouse, so young his eyes are still closed.  

 One of our many great horned owls that we are caring for right now, he is a little angry at the moment.

 
Another picture of the baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment